MRI / TRUS Fusion Biopsy Increases Prostate Cancer DetectionFor the first time since the 1980’s, urologists have a better prostate imaging technology to more accurately diagnose and treat their patients with prostate cancer. MRI / TRUS Fusion helps improve the prostate biopsy procedure by targeting specific, suspicious areas of the prostate. This results in a more accurate diagnosis and better treatment decisions.
MRI Fusion Software RentalOn Call Surgical provides a complete “turnkey” rental service by providing on-site training, on-site and / or remote technical support, software and equipment rental, and billing / coding assistance. We consult with you to mutually design a program that is structured to fit the needs of you and your practice. Programs range from software and equipment only rentals to customized purchase programs.
- Rental and training programs designed to fit objectives of individual practices rather than a one size fits all model
- Rental avoids large capital investment, expensive software upgrades and functional obsolescence
Create a Precise Roadmap Straight to Targeted Areas for BiopsyMRI / Fusion software is a flexible, advanced navigation platform that captures specific data and biopsy information for staging prostate cancer and determining the best clinical path and treatment course. Its simple workflow makes it easy to use, and the easy import and export of data optimizes workflow between urology and radiology.
Schedule a rental or learn more
MRI scans are “fused” with real-time ultrasound imagingRadiologists conduct an MRI scan, producing high quality images of the prostate. The radiologist contours the prostate and regions of interest.
A three-dimensional model of the prostate is created, mapping suspicious areas for biopsyMRI scans are uploaded to the MRI fusion software. The urologist uses ultrasound to view the prostate, while a technician matches the ultrasound images to the contoured areas.
Biopsy needles are aimed directly at areas of concernThe urologist guides biopsy needles to specific areas and takes samples from the prostate. Previously identified suspicious areas are targeted with an approximately 50% greater success rate compared to the random biopsy method.
Prostate biopsies with MRI fusion software are performed:
- In minutes
- In a comfortable outpatient clinic setting under local anesthesia
- With techniques familiar to urologists for several decades
The 3-D model of the prostate that is created by using the fusion software allows for a more accurate diagnosis and leads to better treatment options.
5 Ways MRI Guided Fusion Biopsy is Changing the Way Urologists SEE Prostate Cancer
- MR images are clearer and more detailed than ultrasound alone, which provides enhanced visualization for the radiologists to precisely identify and mark the regions of interest.
- Creates a 3D map of the prostate which allows the urologist to accurately pinpoint and sample suspicious regions of the prostate.
- Improves the ability to make better treatment decisions based on a more accurate diagnosis. Allows urologists to identify patients who need a more aggressive treatment, as well as avoid performing unnecessary surgery.
- Biopsy records in the software allow the urologist to return to the same areas and resample over time to determine if cancer is quick or slow growing.
- Increase patient retention, with many patients having been diagnosed with prostate cancer typically remaining with the diagnosing doctor for ongoing care and treatment.